U620 – Remote Terminal Unit
The U620 Remote Terminal Unit has many modern features that make it one of the most user friendly RTUs available. It supports many modern and legacy data communications protocols and was designed to meet the EPRI requirements for a basic RTU.
- To the master station(s), the U620 responds via a standard communication line, a local area network, or a wide area network. It can be dynamically configured over the host communication link.
- To the existing and planned field equipment, the U620 acquires analog and digital information through analog or digital I/O and/ or through a data communication link.
As a data concentrator, the U620 acquires data from legacy device(s) asynchronously, while master station control commands, for security reasons, are translated and executed in real time. This mode offers capabilities such as:
- Protocol conversion
- Data by exception (both analog and digital input)
- Adjustable dead bands for analog inputs
- Accurate time stamps using IRIG B Time Code interface
- Automatic, periodic accumulator freeze
Download Brochure (PDF 85kb)
- PC/104 platform
- Extensive hardware and software options
- Suite of legacy bit and byte oriented data communication protocols
- Suitable for harsh operating environments
Many of our products can be designed and manufactured to meet the specific application requirements. For a no obligation technical evaluation, please provide the specific performance requirements to email@example.com.