U800 – Field Device Gateway
The DSA U800 gives modern control systems convenient access to a wide variety of remote data gathering equipment without involving them in the details of device behavior and communication protocols.
- To the data communication network/ master station(s) the U800 makes all of the field devices look like they communicate in its language, usually a modern data communication protocol such as DNP.
- To the legacy field devices, the U800 accesses those devices in their native protocols over the existing communication links, without any modifications. As communication links are upgraded, it is easily re-configured to match.
Additionally, all field devices will appear to have the modern facilities implied by the master station protocol, such as data-by-exception, multiple change detection, time tags.
The U800 capabilities include:
- Supports up to 8 channels, each capable of supporting a different data communication protocol
- Multiple devices on the same channel (party lines)
- Mimic old master station’s polling scheme
- Accurate time stamps using IRIG B Time Code interface
Download Brochure (PDF 103kb)
- PC/104 platform
- Extensive hardware and software options
- Suite of legacy bit and byte oriented data communication protocols
- Suitable for harsh operating environments
Many of our products can be designed and manufactured to meet the specific application requirements. For a no obligation technical evaluation, please provide the specific performance requirements to email@example.com.