Low Voltage Cable Fault Locator
Cable Fault Locator is designed for the relatively low voltage ( < 100 V ) copper cables used by the telecommunication industry. Enclosed in an impact resistant enclosure, this battery operated instrument is suitable for the harsh operating environments typically encountered by the telecommunication technician. The T-C20 is able to calculate distance to fault for;
- Physical breaks in the cable
- Cross-talk between cables.
- Low resistance leakage between cables
- Low resistance leakage to the shield/ ground
- Capacitance effect between cables
- Capacitance effect between cable and shield/ ground
The instrument uses Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) techniques as the basis for the distance calculation. An electrical pulse is transmitted down the cable that is under test. Should the pulse encounter a Fault condition, an echo pulse is reflected back to the initiation point. By timing the period from the release of the initial pulse to the return of the echo pulse, the distance to fault can be calculated. By analyzing the shape of the echo pulse, the type of Fault can be determined.
- Resolution: 1m to 2Km
- Velocity: 100 to 300 x 106 m/ second
- Blind Area: 2m
- Display: High resolution LCD (320p x 240p)
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC to +40ºC
- Supply Voltage: Two Li-Ion batteries (7.2V/ 1.6Ah)
Many of our products can be designed and manufactured to meet the specific application requirements. For a no obligation technical evaluation, contact us with your specific performance requirements.